About this tool
Selling your home can be expensive and stressful so you need to know you’ve got the right agent fighting your corner. The HomeOwners Alliance has teamed up with estateagent4me to bring you a tool that allows you to compare local estate agents and find the best one for you.
Using basic information about your home, we rank agents by:
- How LIKELY they are to sell your home
- How QUICKLY they will sell it
- How MUCH they will sell it for
- How MUCH they charge
How do you identify the best local estate agent?
Our complex statistical engine run by estateagent4me is fed on a daily basis with property data from over 18,000 estate agents across thousands of different websites to provide accurate comparison data. We currently cover over 95% of all property advertised for sale in England & Wales. See below for more details.
Why do I have to tell you about my home?
Once you’ve entered your details we can show you the best agents in your local area.
Will you pass my data on to estate agents?
No, not unless you choose to contact the agent to either get the ball rolling towards putting your property up for sale, give you a valuation or call you back.
Will you pass my data onto anyone else?
The HomeOwners Alliance and estateagent4me will not pass your information on to anyone else. We may periodically send emails about new services or other information from the HomeOwners Alliance which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe to our mailings at any time.
Tell me more about how you calculate the results?
- How likely an agent is to sell a home is determined by the percentage of all properties found advertised by this agent on websites during the last 180 days that were subsequently advertised as sold subject to contract. On the results page, we refer to this as their overall success rate.
- How quickly an agent will sell your home is determined by calculating each agents’ average time to reach sold subject to contract for all properties advertised by this agent on websites during the previous 180 days. On the results page we refer to this as average days to sell.
- We also show each agents track record in achieving asking price. To calculate this, the sold price (as recorded at HM Land Registry) is divided by the initial advertised asking price averaged for a representative sample of properties found advertised by this agent on websites during the previous 180 days. On the results page we refer to this as “Asking £ v Sale £”.
- And finally, we use market research to get an indication of the fee that each estate agent would typically charge for successfully selling a property.
Ready to find your local agent?
Now that you know how it all works, why not compare estate agents where you live?